Over Millions in Verdicts & Settlements For Our Clients
$12 Million Boating Accident
$7 Million Automobile Accident
$3.7 Million Slip and Fall
$3.5 Million Motorcycle Accident
$2.5 Million Pedestrian Accident

A year ago I was hurt in an accident, but I now need surgery and the insurance company has closed their file. Can I sue?

Absolutely. You do have the right to sue even if an insurance company has closed their file. Certain insurance companies have different policies. Some have a specific period of time that if it goes by, they'll close the file; however, that does not mean that the statute of limitations or the time duration that you have to sue on your case has elapsed. As a result, we recommend that you hire an experienced personal injury attorney. If you need surgery, and the doctor's recommending it, and you think it's a good idea, we absolutely recommend that you have it, and then you can file a lawsuit, and reach your recovery.

What Our Clients Say
The attorneys at Donaldson & Weston helped me get an amazing result on my case. Obviously I’ve been through a lot physically but I feel better now and the money really helped my family. When I was riding my bicycle I was hit by a truck that wasn't paying attention. I am not the suing type, but I would definitely hire this firm again. - M.P.
After my accident, i felt like I was being pulled in a bunch of different directions. I really didn't know what to do and all I wanted was someone to shoot me straight. The lawyers at the firm were so honest and definitely pointed me in the right direction. The staff was professional. I think it’s great that only attorneys work on my case, it definitely made me feel comfortable - D.L.
After my accident happened I waited to hear back from the insurance company for about 6 months. I just felt like they kept jerking me around. They even told me not to hire an attorney because it would mean less money in my pocket. I couldn't wait any longer because my bills were out of hand. I hired this firm and they were solid. I got a great result without having to go to court. - S.C.