Boca Raton Boating Accident
Boca Raton is home to a thriving boater community that stays active year-round. But with more time on the water comes a higher risk of being involved in an accident. If you were hurt in a boating incident due to another person's negligent or reckless behavior, contact Donaldson & Weston to find out if you have grounds for a personal injury claim.
Our Boca Raton boating accident lawyers have decades of combined experience helping the injured fight for justice and the maximum compensation. We will investigate your case to determine the cause of your injuries, gather evidence to prove fault and damages, and aggressively represent your interests during settlement negotiations. Call 561-299-3999 to set up a free case review.Types of Boating Accident Cases We Handle in Boca Raton
The Boca Raton boating accident attorneys at Donaldson & Weston understand how devastating the aftermath of a serious injury can be. You may have to attend weekly doctor’s appointments, take time off work to recover, and arrange alternative transportation and childcare.
Our lawyers can alleviate some of the burden by handling the logistics of your claim so you can focus on more important matters. We accept many types of boating accident cases including:
- Boating Accidents Involving Speeding: The faster you drive a boat, the more difficult it will be to control. Speeding also increases the likelihood of sustaining injuries in the event of an accident. If you were hurt in a crash because a boater was speeding, contact our law firm to discuss your legal rights.
- Boating Accidents Involving Alcohol: Drug and alcohol use are leading causes of boating accidents in Florida. Our injury lawyers can assess toxicology test results and the accident report, speak to eyewitnesses, and gather other evidence to prove negligence and liability.
- Propeller Injuries: It goes without saying that coming into contact with a propeller can result in devastating injuries. These accidents are often caused by boat driver negligence.
- Falling Overboard: Hitting the water at a high speed can cause brain trauma, broken bones, soft tissue damage, and drowning due to being knocked unconscious.
- Accidents Due to Boating Regulation Violations: To keep our waterways safe, Florida legislators and regulatory agencies have implemented rules that govern how boats must be operated. If someone violated a regulation and you were injured as a result, you may have grounds for a claim.
- Boating Accidents Involving Defective Equipment: A malfunctioning piece of boating equipment can be deadly. If you were hurt because a boat part had a defect, contact the Boca Raton injury attorneys at Donaldson & Weston to discuss filing a product liability claim.
- Other Boating Accidents: There are countless factors that contribute to boating accidents. Boater inexperience, inclement weather, and other hazards can cause devastating injuries and fatalities. If you were hurt or lost a loved one in a boating accident, we want to hear your story. Contact our law firm today to discuss your options for recovering compensation. Our attorneys handle cases involving all types of vessels including yachts, cabin cruisers, personal watercraft (jet skis and wave runners), tenders, airboats, canoes, sailboats, inflatable boats, and kayaks.
If you or someone close to you was injured in an accident involving a watercraft, reach out to a Boca Raton boating accident lawyer from Donaldson & Weston today. We will answer your questions and provide strategic advice during a free initial consultation. Call 561-299-3999 or complete our Online Contact Form to get in touch.