Boca Raton Pharmacy Error
Doctors and pharmacists must follow strict regulations and accepted procedures when prescribing, labeling, packaging, and dispensing medications. When they breach this duty of care, patients can suffer severe and potentially fatal side effects. The Boca Raton pharmacy error attorneys at Donaldson & Weston are dedicated to helping patients and their families fight for the compensation they need to move on with life after medication mistakes.
Unlike other law firms that mill out cases without delicacy, our attorneys offer personalized representation and tenacious advocacy through every stage of the claims process. We have won several multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts for our clients. Call 561-299-3999 today to set up a free case assessment with a medication error lawyer in Boca Raton.Types of Pharmacy Error Cases We Handle
A medication mistake is broadly defined as a preventable error that contributes to patient harm. Such errors can happen at any point when the medication is in the control of a physician, pharmacist, or other healthcare provider. The Boca Raton pharmacy error attorneys at Donaldson & Weston assist clients in a variety of cases including:
- Wrong Dosage Pharmacy Errors: This is one of the most common types of medication mistakes. Pharmacists have a duty to dispense not only the correct medication but also the correct dosage. If you or someone you love was harmed due to a dosage error, you might have a claim against the liable pharmacist or the hospital, clinic, or drug store that employed him or her.
- Overlooking Potential Drug Interactions: Before prescribing a medication, your healthcare provider must ask you about the medications you are currently taking and consider whether the new medication could result in an adverse interaction.
- Mislabeling: Medication labels provide essential information to patients such as the type of drug, the dosage, potential drug interactions, and the times at which the drug should be taken. An error on this label could be deadly.
- Dispensing the Wrong Medication: It goes without saying that dispensing the wrong medication could have devastating consequences for the patient. Besides not treating the patient’s condition, taking the wrong medication could cause adverse drug interactions and severe side effects.
If you or someone you love suffered an injury or illness due to a pharmacy error, there are a few critical steps that you must take to ensure your safety and to strengthen your claim. Those steps include:
- Seek Medical Treatment: Visit your physician as soon as possible. Bring a list of the medications you are taking so your doctor can evaluate them for potential drug interactions. Explain the medication mistake that occurred and any symptoms you are experiencing.
- Report the Error to the Pharmacy: Make sure the pharmacy is aware of the error so it can investigate whether another patient received your medication.
- Keep the Medication: Do not return the medication to the pharmacy. Your medication error attorney may need it for evidence.
- Contact a Boca Raton Pharmacy Error Lawyer: Call an attorney at Donaldson & Weston as soon as possible to discuss your case and initiate the claims process.
The medication error lawyers at Donaldson & Weston will evaluate your case for free to determine if you have grounds for a claim. Call 561-299-3999 or message us online to arrange a free case assessment.