Over Millions in Verdicts & Settlements For Our Clients
$12 Million Boating Accident
$7 Million Automobile Accident
$3.7 Million Slip and Fall
$3.5 Million Motorcycle Accident
$2.5 Million Pedestrian Accident

Can someone sue for the pain and suffering of a decedent in Florida?

Can someone sue for pain and suffering of a decedent in the state of Florida? The answer is Yes, but maybe. These are what's called survivor actions and basically what it allows for the loved ones, the survivors of the decedent, to file a claim or the decedent's pain and suffering while they're alive. That would be from the date of the accident, from the date of the injury, until the date that they passed away. Typically, what we look for to make that selection to head in that direction is if the actual injury, the actual incident occurred on X day and then there was an extended period of time before this person passed away. Then, we would look to prove case for the pain and suffering while this person survived.

What Our Clients Say
The attorneys at Donaldson & Weston helped me get an amazing result on my case. Obviously I’ve been through a lot physically but I feel better now and the money really helped my family. When I was riding my bicycle I was hit by a truck that wasn't paying attention. I am not the suing type, but I would definitely hire this firm again. - M.P.
After my accident, i felt like I was being pulled in a bunch of different directions. I really didn't know what to do and all I wanted was someone to shoot me straight. The lawyers at the firm were so honest and definitely pointed me in the right direction. The staff was professional. I think it’s great that only attorneys work on my case, it definitely made me feel comfortable - D.L.
After my accident happened I waited to hear back from the insurance company for about 6 months. I just felt like they kept jerking me around. They even told me not to hire an attorney because it would mean less money in my pocket. I couldn't wait any longer because my bills were out of hand. I hired this firm and they were solid. I got a great result without having to go to court. - S.C.