Over Millions in Verdicts & Settlements For Our Clients
$12 Million Boating Accident
$7 Million Automobile Accident
$3.7 Million Slip and Fall
$3.5 Million Motorcycle Accident
$2.5 Million Pedestrian Accident

Do I have to see a doctor following my car accident?

If you've been involved in a car crash in the state of Florida, you do not have to see a doctor if you're not injured. However, if you do feel pain or are injured, it is important that you see a doctor within the first 14 days after the accident. This is the time set aside in which to trigger your PIP, or personal injury protection, coverage. You should see either a medical doctor or a D.O., for purposes of getting an EMC, or emergency medical condition, determination. If the doctor feels that you've experienced an emergency medical condition, then it'll make sure that you have up to the full 10,000 dollars of PIP coverage set aside for you to take care of your treatment.

What Our Clients Say
The attorneys at Donaldson & Weston helped me get an amazing result on my case. Obviously I’ve been through a lot physically but I feel better now and the money really helped my family. When I was riding my bicycle I was hit by a truck that wasn't paying attention. I am not the suing type, but I would definitely hire this firm again. - M.P.
After my accident, i felt like I was being pulled in a bunch of different directions. I really didn't know what to do and all I wanted was someone to shoot me straight. The lawyers at the firm were so honest and definitely pointed me in the right direction. The staff was professional. I think it’s great that only attorneys work on my case, it definitely made me feel comfortable - D.L.
After my accident happened I waited to hear back from the insurance company for about 6 months. I just felt like they kept jerking me around. They even told me not to hire an attorney because it would mean less money in my pocket. I couldn't wait any longer because my bills were out of hand. I hired this firm and they were solid. I got a great result without having to go to court. - S.C.