Over Millions in Verdicts & Settlements For Our Clients
$12 Million Boating Accident
$7 Million Automobile Accident
$3.7 Million Slip and Fall
$3.5 Million Motorcycle Accident
$2.5 Million Pedestrian Accident

Do I need to call the police if I have a car accident in Florida?

If you're involved in an automobile accident in the state of Florida, you're actually required to call the police, and it's always a good idea for purposes of your case as well. So, if you're involved in an accident, call the police immediately. And what that allows us to do is it allows us to not only get the police out there to help preserve the evidence, but it also documents the fact that there was an accident, so if later the other side says that they didn't get in an accident with you, or the insurance company's giving you a hard time about whether or not this accident occurred, we have this police report to rely on to prove that the accident actually happened.

What Our Clients Say
The attorneys at Donaldson & Weston helped me get an amazing result on my case. Obviously I’ve been through a lot physically but I feel better now and the money really helped my family. When I was riding my bicycle I was hit by a truck that wasn't paying attention. I am not the suing type, but I would definitely hire this firm again. - M.P.
After my accident, i felt like I was being pulled in a bunch of different directions. I really didn't know what to do and all I wanted was someone to shoot me straight. The lawyers at the firm were so honest and definitely pointed me in the right direction. The staff was professional. I think it’s great that only attorneys work on my case, it definitely made me feel comfortable - D.L.
After my accident happened I waited to hear back from the insurance company for about 6 months. I just felt like they kept jerking me around. They even told me not to hire an attorney because it would mean less money in my pocket. I couldn't wait any longer because my bills were out of hand. I hired this firm and they were solid. I got a great result without having to go to court. - S.C.