Florida Spinal Cord Injury
Your spinal cord is responsible for a lot more than keeping you upright; it plays a critical role in movement, respiration, cardiovascular function, and bowel control. This is why a spinal cord injury (SCI) can be so devastating for victims and their families. In addition to coping with the physical effects of an SCI, patients must also overcome the emotional challenges associated with such a severe injury, as well as the financial hardship resulting from medical expenses and lost income.
If you or someone in your family suffered an SCI due to another person’s intentional act or negligence, turn to the Florida spinal cord injury attorneys at Donaldson & Weston for legal guidance. No amount of compensation can undo the emotional distress of living with a catastrophic injury, but you may be able to regain your financial footing by filing a personal injury claim.
Our paralysis lawyers can help you understand the laws related to your case, and we will strategically and aggressively fight for the compensation you need to move on with life. Call 772-266-5555 for a free, no-obligation consultation with a spinal cord injury attorney.Types of Spinal Cord Injury Cases We Handle
Our accident lawyers handle all types of spinal cord injury cases. If your SCI was caused by the negligence of another person or company, our paralysis attorneys may be able to help you recover compensation for healthcare expenses, lost income, and other damages.
We have the experience and legal strategies to find success in spinal cord injury cases arising from:
- Auto Accidents: Motor-vehicle accidents are the number-one cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Because the vast majority of auto collisions are caused by driver errors, victims typically have grounds for a personal injury claim against their own insurance company, the at-fault party, and/or the at-fault party’s insurance company. If you file a third-party claim, you will need strong evidence to prove liability and the cost of your medical care and other damages. The Florida spinal cord injury attorneys at Donaldson & Weston can help you gather this evidence, build your claim, arrange expert witness testimony, and fight for the compensation you need and deserve.
- Bicycle Accidents: Bicycle accidents are another leading cause of SCIs. Even the most cautious riders can sustain devastating back injuries due to negligent drivers. Our paralysis lawyers are here to help you hold all liable parties accountable.
- Slips and Falls: It’s easy to underestimate the damage that a serious fall can cause, but slips and falls often result in devastating spinal injuries. If the cause of your fall was a spilled liquid, poor building maintenance, or another form of negligence, you may have grounds for a claim against the property owner or another party.
- Violent Acts: One severe blow to the back could be all it takes to cause a spinal cord injury. If you or your loved one sustained an SCI in a violent act, contact our law firm to discuss your options for recovering compensation.
- Sport Injuries: It’s no secret that injuries are common in contact sports, and sometimes those injuries have life-changing effects. Our attorneys can evaluate your case to determine if you have grounds for a claim and who might be liable for your damages.
Our paralysis lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means we will not charge you any attorney fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf. Call 772-266-5555 or fill out our Contact Form to arrange a free consultation.