Hobe Sound Civil Assault and Battery
Getting involved in any kind of physical altercation is scary, and when serious injuries result, it can be utterly devastating. Sustaining unanticipated injuries is inherently stressful, and if you must miss work in order to recover, it could threaten your entire family’s financial security.
Fortunately, victims of assault and battery may pursue compensation for the damages they incur in the wake of the attack. Since building a strong claim is challenging, though, it is wise to seek legal counsel as soon as possible.
If you were hurt in a physical altercation, contact Donaldson & Weston to discuss your case. Our Hobe Sound assault and battery injury attorneys are committed to providing each and every client with the personalized attention, customized legal solutions, and straightforward answers they deserve. Call 772-266-5555 to schedule a free case evaluation.Questions Your Assault and Battery Injury Lawyer May Ask During the Initial Consultation
There are a few ways personal injury claimants can ensure their cases get off to a strong start. For example, they can track all the costs associated with treating their injuries, obtain a copy of the official police report, and photograph any visible wounds as they heal.
If you want to file a personal injury claim following some kind of physical altercation, you should also prepare for the initial consultation by considering your answers to the following questions:
- What were you doing prior to the incident? Is there a chance the opposing party will argue he or she was merely acting in self-defense?
- Did police respond to the scene? If so, did they conduct chemical tests or make any arrests?
- Were there any eyewitnesses? If so, did you obtain their names and contact information?
- Have you had any contact with the opposing party?
- Was an ambulance called to the scene? If not, how long after the incident did you seek medical care?
- What is your prognosis?
- What is your current employment situation? If you are employed, how much work have you missed since the incident?
- Are you active on social media? If so, have you posted about the incident or your injuries online?
- Do you have any hobbies or pastimes that you are no longer able to participate in because of the injuries? Are there any other ways in which the injuries are affecting your quality of life?
- How have your injuries affected loved ones? For example, have any family members had to miss work to care for you or drive you to appointments?
If you were the victim of assault and battery and want to sue the transgressor for damages, let Donaldson & Weston handle the logistics of your case. If you hire a Hobe Sound assault and battery injury attorney from our team, you can focus on your health while we gather evidence, interview eyewitnesses, track damages, and negotiate with the opposing party. Call 772-266-5555 or fill out our Contact Form to set up a free consultation.