How a Martin County Pharmacy Error Attorney Can Help
Recovering a fair settlement in a pharmacy error claim is an incredibly complicated process. There are all sorts of defenses the pharmacy might use against your claim, and a single mistake could be enough to jeopardize your entire case.
Our Martin County pharmacy error attorneys can make sure you’re treated fairly by the opposing party. Below is an overview of just a few of the ways we can help you pursue the compensation you deserve:
- Investigating the Pharmacist’s Actions: What was the specific error made by the pharmacist? Did you receive the wrong medication or dosage? Did you have an allergic reaction? Was there a harmful interaction with another medication you’re taking? Our attorneys will investigate how the error occurred and gather the evidence needed to prove negligence and liability.
- Investigating the Pharmacy’s Procedures: Some pharmacy errors occur due to inadequate safety measures. If the pharmacy didn’t have sufficient procedures in place to protect patients from medication mistakes, the pharmacy might be liable for your damages. Alternatively, if the pharmacist was an employee of the pharmacy, the pharmacy might be vicariously liable for his or her negligence.
- Bringing in Expert Witnesses: It may be necessary to bring in medical experts to prove that negligence occurred. Experts may also have to provide testimony regarding the cause of your injuries and the value of your claim. Our Martin County pharmacy error lawyers work with a network of pharmacists and other medical experts who can provide testimony.
- Accounting for All Damages You May Be Owed: If you’ve already been offered a settlement, there’s a chance that it doesn’t account for all the damages you’ve incurred. Our attorneys can determine the types of economic and non-economic damages you might be owed, calculate their value, and use proven strategies during settlement negotiations.
- Handling Dialogue with the Insurance Company: If you’re contacted by the at-fault party’s insurance company, any recorded statements you provide might be used to challenge your claim. But if you let our attorneys handle this correspondence, you won’t have to worry about saying something that would jeopardize your case.
- Representing You at Trial If Necessary: If a settlement cannot be reached, going to trial might be the only way to pursue compensation for your damages. Some attorneys don’t have extensive litigation experience; others are simply reluctant to go to court. But at Donaldson & Weston, we always prepare for trial even if we expect to win a settlement. If the defendant refuses to cooperate, we’re not afraid to go to court.
There are many payment structures used by attorneys including hourly billing arrangements and flat fees. At Donaldson & Weston, we offer free consultations and handle pharmacy error claims on a contingency fee basis. That means if we don’t prevail, you won’t have to pay any attorney’s fees. Even if you’re not sure whether you have a case, one of our lawyers can assess your situation for free and help you make informed decisions.