Fighting For You
Ranked Top 10 Personal Injury Attorneys in Florida

I was invited to a neighbor's house for a party and was injured while I was there. Can I recover for my injuries in Florida?

If you're invited to a neighbor's party, a friend's party, or even a family members party and you're injured while there, you do have the right in the state of Florida to file a claim for your damages or your injuries. Basically, your status on the property at the time according to Florida law would be that of a licensee as a opposed to a trespasser or a business invitee. If you're at a friends house or a neighbor's house, you would be a licensee. The landowner at that point has a requirement to all guests at the house to warn them of known and potentially hidden dangers that could cause someone to be injured. If you're injured by a known hidden danger, then you would have a claim for your injuries and you absolutely have the right to file a claim.

“The attorneys at Donaldson & Weston helped me get an amazing result on my case. Obviously I’ve been through a lot physically but I feel better now and the money really helped my family. When I was riding my bicycle I was hit by a truck that wasn't paying attention. I am not the suing type, but I would definitely hire this firm again.”
“After my accident, i felt like I was being pulled in a bunch of different directions. I really didn't know what to do and all I wanted was someone to shoot me straight. The lawyers at the firm were so honest and definitely pointed me in the right direction. The staff was professional. I think it’s great that only attorneys work on my case, it definitely made me feel comfortable”
“After my accident happened I waited to hear back from the insurance company for about 6 months. I just felt like they kept jerking me around. They even told me not to hire an attorney because it would mean less money in my pocket. I couldn't wait any longer because my bills were out of hand. I hired this firm and they were solid. I got a great result without having to go to court.”