Jensen Beach Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Cycling is a great way to stay in shape, but if you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, the consequences can be catastrophic. Riding alongside moving traffic is especially dangerous because if a single motorist takes his or her eyes off the road for mere seconds, a devastating—and potentially fatal—collision could result.
Those who are fortunate enough to survive a bicycle accident are likely to sustain serious injuries that have lasting repercussions. Depending on the circumstances of the wreck, though, they might be entitled to compensation for all resulting damages.
If you or someone you love was struck by a negligent driver while cycling, contact Donaldson & Weston to determine the most strategic way to proceed. Our bicycle accident attorneys have recovered several multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts on behalf of our clients. Call 772-266-5555 to schedule a free case evaluation with a personal injury lawyer in Jensen Beach.Who Could Be Liable for the Damages Incurred in a Bicycle Accident?
If you get hurt in some kind of cycling accident, there are several parties who might be liable for the resulting damages. Depending on the circumstances, you may be able to name the following parties in your claim:
- The Motorist Who Struck You: If you were struck by a motorist despite following all right-of-way laws, it’s reasonable to assume he or she is at fault. In such a scenario, evidence of liability might include eyewitness testimony, dash cam footage, surveillance recordings, photographs of the scene, and the official police report.
- Other Motorists in the Vicinity: If the motorist who struck you only did so because another driver forced him or her to make a defensive maneuver, you might be able to pursue compensation from both drivers’ insurers.
- The Local Municipality: When sand, potholes, large cracks, insufficient bike lanes, or faulty traffic signals contribute to cycling accidents, the government agency responsible for maintaining the roads may be financially accountable for the damages.
- Manufacturers: Both auto makers and bike manufactures can be held liable for accidents if some kind of malfunction is responsible. Although helmet manufacturers do not have an obligation to prevent collisions, their products should mitigate damages in certain scenarios. If a cyclist sustains a traumatic brain injury because of defective safety gear, the helmet manufacturer may be partially liable.
- Property Owners: When bike accidents occur on private property, the owners may be held liable for damages. If they failed to maintain their parking lot to a reasonable standard, for example, and a cyclist sustains injuries as a result, a premises liability claim may ensue.
If you think you have grounds for a bicycle accident claim, turn to Donaldson & Weston. Our personal injury lawyers will conduct a thorough investigation into your case to identify all potentially liable parties.
We can then use the resources at our disposal, including a vast network of accident reconstruction experts, medical specialists, economists, and other professionals, to gather evidence of liability and damages. Call 772-266-5555 or fill out our Contact Form to schedule a free consultation with a bicycle accident attorney in Jensen Beach.