Jensen Beach Personal Injury
Even if you live a relatively safe lifestyle, a serious and unexpected injury can happen at any time. Car wrecks, slips and falls, dog bites, and other preventable accidents result in thousands of injuries and deaths in Florida every year. If you were hurt due to another person’s negligent or intentional actions, contact the Jensen Beach personal injury attorneys at Donaldson & Weston to discuss your options for recovering compensation.
Our lawyers have many years of experience representing victims of personal injury and wrongful death throughout Florida. We have won several multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts for our clients in complex cases. Call 772-266-5555 to schedule a free case evaluation with a Jensen Beach personal injury attorney.Qualities to Look for in a Jensen Beach Personal Injury Lawyer
If your injury has resulted in substantial medical bills and lost income, your financial future may depend on the outcome of your claim. With so much on the line, it is important that you turn to an established and reliable law firm for representation.
It is not always easy to tell whether a particular attorney would provide quality representation; however, there are several attributes you should look for during your initial consultation with a prospective lawyer:
- Limited practice areas, which indicates that the attorney has the knowledge and legal strategies to provide effective representation;
- Trial experience;
- A track record of success handling cases like yours;
- Honesty regarding the potential outcomes of your case;
- Willingness to give you a direct phone number and email address; and
- Genuine compassion for your situation.
The personal injury lawyers at Donaldson & Weston combine the resources of a large practice with the personal touch of a small law firm. Unlike attorneys who mill out cases without delicacy, we tailor our legal strategies to the unique facts of each case that we handle. During your free case evaluation, we will provide honest and detailed answers to your questions and outline exactly how our lawyers will help you and your family fight for the maximum compensation.How Soon Should I Call a Jensen Beach Personal Injury Lawyer?
Much of the evidence needed to prove your claim will likely be time sensitive, and injury-related expenses can quickly spiral out of control. Also, you only have a limited amount of time in which to file a formal lawsuit.
For these reasons, it is wise to call a personal injury attorney as soon as your health stabilizes. At the end of the day, the sooner you seek legal counsel and start building your claim, the sooner you may be able to recover a settlement and put your life back in order.Damages That May Be Recoverable in Florida Personal Injury Claims
At Donaldson & Weston, our Jensen Beach personal injury attorneys are committed to practicing with honesty and integrity, so we’ll never promise to achieve a particular outcome for any client—no matter how strong their case seems. But unlike many other law firms, we perform thorough investigations into every single claim and do everything in our power to help clients pursue compensation for all losses incurred.
If your claim is successful, your final payout will depend on several different factors. The types of injuries you suffered, their severity, and the amount of time you were sidelined from work could all affect the value of your claim.
In the state of Florida, victims of personal injury can seek compensation for the following damages:
- Property Damage: If your home, vehicle, or other personal property was damaged in the incident, you may be able to recover funds for making the necessary repairs or replacements.
- Medical Expenses: All reasonable and necessary medical expenses associated with treating your injuries can be included in the settlement negotiations. These may include ambulance fees, emergency department bills, and prescription drugs. They might also include the cost of ongoing care, like physical therapy, and the cost of anticipated procedures that you will need in the future. If you suffered a debilitating injury, the testimony of one or more experts may be needed to prove the value of your claim. At Donaldson & Weston, we work with a wide array of specialists who may be able to assist with your case.
- Lost Wages: If you’re like most Americans, a single missed paycheck is enough to threaten your financial security. Fortunately, lost wages for any work you miss due to your injury might be recoverable.
- Lost Earning Capacity: Sometimes accident victims sustain injuries so severe that they are unable to return to work at all. In these scenarios, they may recover compensation for lost income and benefits, as well as loss of earning capacity.
- Other Objectively Verifiable Losses: If you or someone in your household has ever sustained serious injuries, you probably know that there are a lot of indirect expenses associated with recovering. Examples include childcare, domestic help, alternative transportation, and home and vehicle modifications. As long as you can prove that you incurred them as a result of your accident and they were reasonable and necessary expenses under the circumstances, they might be recoverable.
- Pain and Suffering: Sustaining any kind of unanticipated injury can cause considerable pain and suffering, which can seriously impact your overall quality of life. Although quantifying non-economic damages is challenging, an attorney from Donaldson & Weston can help you determine a reasonable figure. It’s a good idea to keep a personal injury journal about how your injuries are affecting your life.
- Emotional Distress: Serious injuries cause not only immense physical pain but also significant mental anguish. Like pain and suffering, estimating a fair figure for emotional distress can be complicated. This is where a seasoned personal injury lawyer may be able to help.
The Jensen Beach accident attorneys at Donaldson & Weston are passionate about helping the injured obtain justice and fair compensation as quickly as possible. Call 772-266-5555 or fill out our Contact Form to schedule a free consultation with one of our personal injury lawyers.