Loxahatchee Civil Assault and Battery Attorneys
If someone attacks you at a bar, hotel, or nightclub, calling the police should be your first course of action. Even if security guards are on the scene almost immediately, their primary job is to protect the property owner’s best interests. Regardless of how compassionate or helpful they are, victims of assault and battery should always call law enforcement personnel for two reasons.
First, police may be able to find and arrest the perpetrator. Second, they will draft an official report that will serve as an unbiased account of what happened. While an incident report drafted by staff on the premises can prove helpful, it may not be entirely neutral.
If you sustained injuries in a violent attack, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills and other damages. The assault and battery injury attorneys at Donaldson & Weston can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
We will conduct a thorough investigation to identify all potentially liable parties and then help you determine the most strategic way to proceed based on the facts of your case. Depending on the circumstances, you may have grounds for a claim against both the perpetrator and the property owner. Call 561-299-3999 to schedule a free case evaluation with one of the leading personal injury lawyers in Loxahatchee.How Can I Prepare for My First Meeting with a Loxahatchee Assault and Battery Injury Attorney?
Hiring an attorney from Donaldson & Weston to handle the logistics of your case will allow you to focus on your health. To ensure the claim gets off to a strong start, it is wise to prepare for your initial consultation. You can do this by:
- Writing down everything you remember about the incident as soon as possible;
- Starting a journal and writing daily entries that detail the ways in which the injuries are affecting your everyday life and the lives of your loved ones;
- Obtaining a copy of the official police report;
- Gathering any correspondence you have had with those liable for the incident or with law enforcement personnel;
- Compiling proof of damages including medical records, diagnostic images, pharmacy receipts, and income statements;
- Obtaining a copy of the facility’s incident report, if there is one; and
- Getting the names and phone numbers of any eyewitnesses.
If you want to file a personal injury claim following a violent altercation, turn to Donaldson & Weston to discuss your case. Our seasoned lawyers are committed to helping innocent victims put their lives back together.
We don’t charge any fees for the initial consultation, and we work on contingency contracts. That means you won’t have to pay anything unless we win your case. Call 561-299-3999 or fill out our Contact Form to set up a free consultation with an assault and battery injury attorney in Loxahatchee.