Loxahatchee Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys
If you were hurt in a collision with an impaired motorist, one of your first calls should be to a drunk driving accident lawyer who can help you navigate the claims process. Your attorney will investigate your case to gather evidence of liability and damages, handle all paperwork, and ensure your claim is as strong as possible before entering settlement negotiations.
Before you hand over the reins, there are a few steps you can take to give your claim the best possible chance of success. For example, you should prepare for the initial consultation by compiling any evidence you have gathered and writing down everything you remember about the crash. Your attorney will use this information to determine the most strategic way to proceed.
If you’re ready to discuss your case, turn to Donaldson & Weston. Our drunk driving accident attorneys will answer your questions, conduct a thorough investigation into the incident, handle correspondence with the insurance company, and calculate your damages. Call 561-299-3999 to schedule your free consultation with one of our Loxahatchee injury lawyers so we can start building your claim.What Kinds of Questions Should I Prepare to Answer During My First Meeting with a Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer?
Your attorney will use the first meeting to determine if you have grounds for a personal injury claim and, if so, how best to proceed based on the circumstances. Therefore, you should be prepared to answer questions regarding what happened in detail.
If you cannot remember the specifics, don’t worry; it’s your lawyer’s job to corroborate anything you say with tangible evidence. Simply share what you can remember, and let your attorney know when you are uncertain about something.
To prepare for the initial consultation, think about or write down your answers to the following questions:
- When police arrived, did they make any arrests or conduct chemical tests at the scene?
- Did you get the names and badge numbers of the responding officers?
- Were there any shopkeepers, pedestrians, passengers, or nearby motorists who witnessed what happened, and did you get their contact information?
- Have you spoken to an insurance adjuster or provided any recorded statements yet?
- Is there a chance that the opposing party can argue you were at least partially liable for the collision?
- Did first responders treat you at the scene?
- Did you seek medical care after leaving the scene?
- What kind of prognosis have you received from your doctor?
- Have you missed a considerable amount of work since the wreck?
- Have you or loved ones posted anything about the accident online?
- Are the injuries preventing you from taking care of your family?
If you were hurt in an auto wreck with an impaired motorist, turn to Donaldson & Weston to discuss the case. Our legal team is here to help innocent accident victims put their lives back together. Call 561-299-3999 or fill out our Contact Form to schedule a free case evaluation with a Loxahatchee personal injury lawyer.