Palm Beach County Drunk Driving Accident
Collisions involving impaired motorists are some of the most tragic because they are entirely preventable. In an effort to stop drunk driving, every state imposes strict penalties on those who are caught driving under the influence. Unfortunately, the potential consequences of a DUI conviction are not enough to stop everyone from getting behind the wheel while intoxicated.
If you were hurt or lost a loved one in a crash involving an impaired motorist, your family may be entitled to compensation for economic, non-economic, and punitive damages. Turn to the drunk driving accident attorneys at Donaldson & Weston to determine if you have grounds for a claim.
Taking action immediately allows our team to investigate the circumstances of the wreck while all of the evidence is still available and unaltered. Call 772-266-5555 to schedule a free case evaluation with one of our Palm Beach County personal injury lawyers.Questions Your Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Will Ask During the Initial Consultation
If you have grounds for a claim, your personal injury attorney will begin building the case during the initial consultation. It is wise to prepare for the meeting by anticipating the kinds of questions you will have to answer and devising comprehensive responses ahead of time so you do not leave out any critical details.
After having you describe what happened, your lawyer will likely ask the following questions:
- What did the responding officers do at the scene? For example, did they conduct chemical tests or make any arrests?
- Were there any pedestrians, nearby shopkeepers, or other motorists who witnessed the wreck, and did you or the police get their contact information?
- Have you spoken to an insurance adjuster yet? If so, have you given any recorded statements?
- What were you doing in the moments before the crash? Is there a chance that the opposing party will argue that you were partially liable for the wreck?
- Did you receive medical treatment at the scene? Did you follow up with a healthcare provider after leaving?
- What is your current employment situation, and how much work have you missed since the collision?
- Do you have personal injury protection auto insurance?
- Are you active on social media? Have you posted anything about the accident online?
- What do you do in your free time? Have the injuries forced you to alter your life in a major way?
- What kind of toll have your injuries taken on your loved ones? How is your recovery affecting their lives?
If you were hurt in a drunk driving accident in Palm Beach County, turn to Donaldson & Weston for help navigating the personal injury claims process. You have enough to worry about regarding your health and the financial stress your family is now facing; let us handle the logistics of your case.
We have resolved numerous complicated, high-stakes cases, and we can resolve yours, too. Call 772-266-5555 or fill out our Contact Form to schedule a free consultation with a Palm Beach County drunk driving accident attorney.