Palm Beach County Elder Abuse
If you want to sue a long-term care facility over the abuse or neglect of an aging loved one, it is important that you speak to an attorney as soon as possible. It is not uncommon for nursing homes or negligent caregivers to cover up or destroy evidence of liability, so the longer it takes for your attorney to investigate your case, the more challenging it may be to win.
A Palm Beach County elder abuse attorney from Donaldson & Weston can assess your case for free, and if your claim has merit, our team will launch an immediate investigation to gather all available evidence of liability and damages. With many decades of combined experience, our lawyers have a skillset and resources that few law firms possess.
We have recovered several multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts on behalf of our clients. Call 772-266-5555 to schedule a free case evaluation with one of the leading elder abuse lawyers in Palm Beach County.What Questions Might My Elder Abuse Lawyer Ask During the Initial Consultation?
Every personal injury claim is unique, so the types of questions your lawyer may ask during the initial consultation will depend on the facts surrounding your case. Below are a few common questions your attorney might ask to find out if you have grounds for a claim and how to proceed with the investigation:
- What was the nature of the abuse or neglect your loved one suffered?
- When did you first suspect nursing home abuse?
- Was the abuse a single incident or ongoing?
- Were you or any other family members ever present when the abuse occurred?
- How has your elderly relative suffered as a result of the abuse?
- Did you inform any administrators of the problem, and if so, did they do anything about it?
- Did the facility promise to handle the investigation internally?
- Do administrators know you are pursuing legal action?
- Have you had any correspondence with the nursing home’s insurance provider?
- Do you have any proof of liability?
- Do you have any proof of damages?
- Have you spoken to other residents or their families about what is going on?
- Do you have reason to believe that other residents are being abused at the facility?
- Has anyone in your family posted about the abuse on social media?
It’s a good idea to prepare for these questions before your initial consultation. You should also bring any evidence you have gathered including photographs of your loved one’s injuries and medical records.Discuss Your Case with an Elder Abuse Lawyer in Palm Beach County
If you’re ready to discuss your situation with an elder abuse attorney, contact Donaldson & Weston. We have handled a wide array of complicated, high-stakes personal injury and wrongful death claims, and we are ready to give your case the personalized attention it deserves. Call 772-266-5555 or fill out our Contact Form to schedule a free consultation with a nursing home abuse lawyer in Palm Beach County.