Palm Beach County Wrongful Death
After the sudden loss of a loved one, taking legal action might be the last thought on your mind. But bringing a wrongful death claim could be an essential step toward moving on with life. This is especially true if your family has incurred significant financial losses due to medical bills, lost income, and funeral expenses.
The Palm Beach County wrongful death attorneys at Donaldson & Weston understand how difficult it is to cope with the aftermath of a loved one’s death. We are here to alleviate the burden on your family by helping you overcome the legal hurdles standing between you and fair compensation. Call us today at 772-266-5555 for a free case review.What Constitutes Wrongful Death in Florida?
In the state of Florida, wrongful death is defined as a death resulting from negligence, a wrongful act, default, or breach of contract or warranty. Generally speaking, if the decedent would have been able to bring a personal injury claim if he or she had survived, family members could bring a wrongful death claim.
Some of the most common causes of wrongful death in Florida include:
- Car, truck, motorcycle, boating, and bicycle accidents;
- Elder abuse and neglect;
- Nursing home abuse and neglect;
- Dangerous premises;
- Accidents in the workplace; and
- Pharmacy errors.
The outcome of your wrongful death claim could have a huge impact on your financial future. It is critical that you find a reputable lawyer who has the experience and resources to represent your interests.
Here are a few qualities you should look for in a Palm Beach County wrongful death attorney:
- Trial Experience: Some attorneys spend 10 or 20 years practicing law but only go to trial a handful of times. An attorney with litigation experience would be willing to take your case to trial if the insurance company or defendant refuses to offer a reasonable settlement.
- Honesty: Ask the lawyer about potential outcomes of your case. A good attorney will not guarantee a specific outcome because claims proceedings can be unpredictable; however, your lawyer should be able to explain potential outcomes
- Communication Skills: No attorney can provide effective representation without having exceptional communication skills. Your lawyer should be able to provide detailed answers to all of your questions and make you feel confident in his or her ability to represent your interests.
- Responsiveness: It’s not easy to tell if an attorney will be responsive until you have worked with him or her. But your lawyer should give you a direct phone number and email address so you can always reach out whenever you have a question. This will greatly reduce the stress on you and your family.
Finding success in wrongful death claims requires extensive knowledge of Florida law and refined legal strategies. The attorneys at Donaldson & Weston have both, and we will use our resources to help you and your family fight for the highest possible compensation. Call 772-266-5555 or use our Contact Form to schedule a free case review.