Palm Beach County
It’s easy to underestimate the physical, emotional, and financial impact of a serious injury until you experience one firsthand. Medical bills and lost income can add up quickly, but if your injury was caused by another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses.
The Palm Beach County personal injury attorneys at Donaldson & Weston will evaluate your case for free and provide comprehensive legal guidance. We are passionate about helping victims of personal injury and wrongful death pursue justice and the maximum compensation. Call us today at 561-299-3999 to schedule a free initial consultation.What Sets Donaldson & Weston Apart From Other Personal Injury Attorneys in Palm Beach County?
Finding a personal injury attorney to represent you and your family is a major decision that should not be taken lightly. Some attorneys take on far too many cases and are unable to give their clients the personal attention they deserve. Others refuse to accept cases unless they are likely to result in a quick settlement.
At Donaldson & Weston, our goal is to combine the resources of a large law firm with the personal touch of a small practice. Our commitment to excellence has allowed us to recover several multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts for our clients.
Unlike other personal injury lawyers in Palm Beach County, we are not afraid to take your case to trial if necessary. We enjoy helping clients navigate through complex legal disputes in high-stakes cases. Insurance companies throughout Florida know that we are seasoned litigators, which gives them more incentive to offer a fair settlement early in the claims process.
No two personal injury cases are exactly alike, and the best attorneys are able to tailor their approach to the unique facts of each individual case. At Donaldson & Weston, we have successfully handled a wide variety of personal injury claims. We are well-versed in the most effective strategies to employ while investigating cases, negotiating for a fair settlement, and representing our clients in court.Will I Have to Go to Trial?
The vast majority of personal injury cases are settled before going to trial. However, the attorneys at Donaldson & Weston will prepare for your case as if we are going to trial. We will enter settlement negotiations with the strongest evidence available to give you and your family the best chance of recovering fair compensation without going to court.What Will Happen During My Initial Consultation?
If you were hurt in an accident through no fault of your own, the smartest step you can take to protect your legal rights is to schedule a consultation with a personal injury lawyer. During your first meeting with an attorney from Donaldson & Weston, we will assess your case to determine whether you have grounds for a claim and, if so, how best to proceed.
You can prepare for your consultation and possibly increase your claim’s chance of success by taking the following steps:
- Starting a Personal Injury Journal: Write down everything you remember about the incident in question. Then, write daily entries detailing the recovery process. This journal also provides a handy place to store critical information like the names and phone numbers of any eyewitnesses.
- Gathering Potential Evidence of Liability: Gather any evidence of fault that you have already obtained and bring it to your consultation. This might include photographs of the scene where the accident occurred, an incident report, and an official police report.
- Compiling All Correspondence: If you’ve had any correspondence with the opposing party, bring it to your first meeting at Donaldson & Weston. This will allow us to determine what the opposing party may already know about your claim and how they are most likely to proceed.
- Writing down Any Questions You Have: During your initial consultation, you will get the opportunity to ask questions about your case. We will also be happy to answer all your questions regarding our role in the proceedings and the various ways we plan on helping you pursue the compensation you deserve.
Be prepared to answer questions regarding the accident and your resulting injuries during the initial consultation. Providing detailed and thoughtful responses will allow us to gain a clear understanding of the situation so we can determine the most strategic way to proceed.
Naturally, the specific questions we ask will depend on the circumstances of the incident. In general, though, you should be prepared to answer the following:
- Did police report to the scene? If so, did they conduct any chemical tests or make any arrests?
- Did you get the names and contact information of all parties involved?
- Were there any eyewitnesses? If so, did you get their names and contact information?
- Have you spoken to an insurance adjuster yet? If so, have you provided any recorded statements?
- What were you doing immediately before the accident? Could the opposing party argue that you were partially liable?
- How soon after the accident did you seek medical care?
- What is your prognosis?
- What is your current employment situation? Have you been missing work while recovering?
- Have you posted about the accident or your injuries on social media?
- What effects have your injuries had on loved ones? For example, has anyone had to miss work in order to care for you?
You will likely have a lot of questions as your case proceeds. At Donaldson & Weston, we provide our clients with a direct line of contact to their attorney, which can greatly reduce the stress of the claims process on you and your loved ones.Call 561-299-3999 to Speak With a Palm Beach County Personal Injury Lawyer Today!
If you were seriously injured or lost a family member due to another person’s or company’s negligence, you probably have a lot of questions. The injury attorneys at Donaldson & Weston are here to provide the answers.
We have a comprehensive understanding of the laws that govern personal injury claims in Florida, and we will use our extensive knowledge, experience, and resources to help you pursue the maximum compensation from those who have wronged you. Call us today at 561-299-3999 or use our Contact Form to arrange a free initial consultation.