Palm Beach Gardens Personal Injury
For those who sustain serious injuries in preventable accidents, the road to recovery is riddled with financial unknowns, emotional stressors, and complicated legal hurdles. Even in scenarios where liability is seemingly obvious—a collision with an impaired driver, for example, or a stumble on a staircase that had been in disrepair for months—navigating the claims process can be challenging.
By turning to a compassionate and strategic personal injury lawyer, though, you can focus on recovering while your case proceeds on your behalf. The Palm Beach Gardens accident attorneys at Donaldson & Weston will handle all the logistics of your claim, from gathering evidence of liability to negotiating for a fair settlement.
We are proud to provide unparalleled legal counsel that combines the knowledge and resources of a large firm with the personalized care and one-on-one attention of a small practice. Call us today at 561-299-3999 to schedule a free consultation.How to Prepare for the Initial Consultation
During your first meeting with a personal injury attorney at Donaldson & Weston, you will discuss the circumstances surrounding your accident so our legal term can determine the most strategic way to proceed. Expect to answer questions about the incident in detail and about any injuries that you sustained as a result.
You can prepare for this consultation by compiling all the documentation and evidence you have gathered so your lawyer can review it. This might include:
- Photographs of the scene;
- Police reports;
- The names and phone numbers of any eyewitnesses;
- Medical records;
- Photographs of any visible wounds; and
- Journal entries about living with the injuries.
At Donaldson & Weston, every case we handle is our top priority. Here are a few qualities that set us apart from other accident law firms in Palm Beach Gardens:
- We will make ourselves available after office hours to answer your questions;
- We have decades of combined ligation experience;
- We are respected by insurance companies throughout Florida;
- We have proven settlement negotiation strategies that continually result in payouts that exceed our clients’ expectations;
- We perform meticulous investigations to ensure our clients’ cases are as strong as possible;
- We work with a network of expert witnesses whose testimony can be invaluable for proving liability and damages; and
- We offer free consultations, and you will not owe us any attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you.
Medical bills and other damages can add up fast following an accident, so injured parties are often motivated to settle as quickly as possible. After all, if you’re like most Americans, a single missed paycheck is enough to threaten your financial security.
Unfortunately for personal injury claimants, though, there’s no set timeline for resolving cases, and it’s often best to refuse the insurance company’s initial settlement offer. At the end of the day, every claim is different, and there are dozens of factors that can influence the total duration of the proceedings.
Such factors include:
- The severity of your injuries and the time it will take to reach maximum medical improvement;
- The strength of any evidence of fault and damages;
- The opposing party’s willingness to cooperate;
- Whether multiple parties were liable for the accident and whether each is cooperative;
- Whether you were partially liable for the accident; and
- Whether the case goes to court.
If you were hurt through no fault of your own, it’s wise to seek legal counsel as soon as possible because there are countless ways to jeopardize your claim inadvertently. By turning to Donaldson & Weston, you’ll have the guidance needed to avoid critical mistakes that could lead to an unnecessary dispute or delay.
It’s important that you take the necessary steps to avoid mistakes that could derail your case. Examples include:
- Postponing medical care or failing to follow your doctor’s orders;
- Providing the insurance company with a recorded statement;
- Admitting fault or accepting some degree of blame;
- Failing to track the damages you incur;
- Posting about the accident or your injuries on social media; and
- Commencing settlement negotiations before reaching maximum medical improvement.
No reputable attorney would guarantee a particular outcome for your claim; however, the lawyers at Donaldson & Weston can do everything in their power to make sure your case has the best chance of success. We can track your damages, estimate a fair settlement amount, and negotiate for the compensation you deserve.
In the state of Florida, personal injury claims can account for the following damages:
- Medical Bills: Hospital bills, ambulance fees, doctor’s office copays, and home care expenses may all be recoverable.
- Lost Earnings: Lost wages you incur while recovering, as well as loss of earning capacity and lost benefits, can be included in the settlement negotiations.
- Property Damage: If the accident damaged any personal property such as a motor vehicle, you can pursue the funds needed to repair or replace it.
- Non-Economic Damages: Personal injury claimants may be entitled to compensation for non-economic losses like pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment in life.
- Punitive Damages: These may be available if the defendant acted with gross negligence or intentional malice. Punitive awards are difficult to obtain, but a seasoned personal injury lawyer can review the facts of your case to determine if punitive damages may be warranted.
If you or a family member was hurt due to another party’s negligence, contact Donaldson & Weston to determine if you have grounds for a claim. Our Palm Beach Gardens accident lawyers will help you seek the financial compensation needed to cover healthcare expenses, lost income, and future medical bills. Call 561-299-3999 or fill out our Contact Form to schedule a free case evaluation with an injury attorney.