Palm Beach Gardens Wrongful Death Attorneys
There’s a reason why insurance is a trillion-dollar industry in the United States. Put simply, life is unpredictable, and anyone can get hurt in an unanticipated accident at any time.
Although losing a loved one is always devastating, untimely deaths that are entirely unexpected tend to be the most distressing. If you recently lost a relative in a preventable accident, the injury lawyers at Donaldson & Weston can help you identify all responsible parties and fight to hold them financially accountable.
Our Palm Beach Gardens wrongful death attorneys understand the financial and emotional stress that a tragic loss can place on the entire family. Although securing a settlement for the damages will not bring your loved one back, it may lighten some of the burden you must now bear. Call 561-299-3999 to schedule a free case evaluation.Will I Have to Go to Trial?
Recounting the circumstances that resulted in your relative’s death can be challenging. Simply discussing the incident in a low-stress environment like your attorney’s office is hard enough because it can evoke some powerful emotions. For many, the thought of having to testify in court on top of everything else is overwhelming.
Fortunately, most wrongful death claims do not actually go to trial. It is usually in both parties’ best interests to negotiate for some kind of settlement, which grants each some amount of control over the proceedings. By going to court, on the other hand, you essentially give a third party final say regarding the outcome of the case.
Because so much is at stake, your wrongful death attorney will do everything possible to convince the opposing party to settle for a fair amount. A lawyer from Donaldson & Weston can:
- Gather evidence of fault;
- Compile receipts for all economic damages;
- Consult with economists and industry experts to calculate all indirect and future costs you will incur; and
- Obtain testimony from expert witnesses who may be able to corroborate your version of what happened.
Although the above strategies can facilitate negotiations, there is no way to predict if a case will end up in trial. Whether the defendant is willing to settle ultimately depends on a variety of factors including:
- The deceased’s own percentage of fault;
- The total amount you are seeking in damages;
- The defendant’s motivation to resolve the case quickly (if the case will result in bad publicity, for example, they may want to settle as soon as possible);
- The strength of any evidence you have gathered;
- Whether you are seeking punitive damages; and
- If there are any other potentially liable parties.
If your loved one died because of someone else’s negligence, turn to Donaldson & Weston for strategic legal representation from compassionate wrongful death lawyers. We have the resources and knowledge of a powerhouse practice but remain committed to providing the personalized and attentive service of a small firm. Call 561-299-3999 or fill out our Contact Form to schedule a free consultation with an injury attorney in Palm Beach Gardens.