Over Millions in Verdicts & Settlements For Our Clients
$12 Million Boating Accident
$7 Million Automobile Accident
$3.7 Million Slip and Fall
$3.5 Million Motorcycle Accident
$2.5 Million Pedestrian Accident

Palm City Drunk Driving Accident

Palm City Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers Getting into a drunk driving accident is inherently traumatic. Most of these collisions come out of nowhere, which means there is virtually nothing victims can do to protect themselves or their loved ones.

Emotional distress is so common—and destructive—in the wake of drunk driving accidents that affected parties are often entitled to compensation for their pain and suffering. This includes physical pain resulting from any injuries and mental suffering like depression, anxiety, anger, and fear. Factors that can influence the total amount of compensation awarded for pain and suffering damages include:

  • The severity and type of injuries sustained;
  • The intensity of treatment and rehabilitation the claimant must undergo;
  • The total duration of recovery;
  • The impact of any scarring, disfigurement, lasting symptoms, or permanent disabilities on the claimant’s general wellbeing;
  • The impact of the injuries on the claimant’s career prospects; and
  • The impact of the injuries on the claimant’s personal relationships.

If you were hurt in a collision with an impaired motorist, the Palm City drunk driving accident lawyers at Donaldson & Weston will help you calculate a fair settlement amount that includes compensation for all applicable damages. We are dedicated to getting injured parties the results they deserve. Call 772-266-5555 to schedule a free consultation with one of our tenacious injury attorneys.

How to Calculate Pain and Suffering Damages in Florida

Determining a fair amount of compensation for pain and suffering can be challenging because there is no tangible way to measure emotional distress; however, there are a few formulas that can help you arrive at a reasonable sum.

One of the most popular ways to calculate pain and suffering damages is by applying the multiplier method. This method multiplies the total economic damages, like medical bills and lost wages, by a factor that typically ranges from 1.5 to 5. The more severe the injuries, the higher the multiplier will be.

Another common approach is called the “per diem method.” To apply this method, the plaintiff picks a set dollar amount—usually at least as much as he or she would make completing one shift of work—and multiplies it by the number of days spent recovering.

Regardless of whether you use the multiplier method or the per diem approach, the liable party’s insurance company will not settle for any more than its policyholder’s coverage limits. Therefore, it is important that you explore all potential avenues for recovering compensation including filing a lawsuit against the at-fault motorist. A skilled attorney can assess your situation to determine the most strategic approach to take.

Call 772-266-5555 to Discuss Your Case with a Palm City Drunk Driving Accident Attorney Today!

If you or someone you love was hurt in a collision with an impaired motorist, turn to the compassionate personal injury lawyers at Donaldson & Weston. Our consistently superior results demonstrate our commitment to excellence in every personal injury claim we resolve. Call 772-266-5555 or fill out our Contact Form to schedule a free case evaluation.

What Our Clients Say
The attorneys at Donaldson & Weston helped me get an amazing result on my case. Obviously I’ve been through a lot physically but I feel better now and the money really helped my family. When I was riding my bicycle I was hit by a truck that wasn't paying attention. I am not the suing type, but I would definitely hire this firm again. - M.P.
After my accident, i felt like I was being pulled in a bunch of different directions. I really didn't know what to do and all I wanted was someone to shoot me straight. The lawyers at the firm were so honest and definitely pointed me in the right direction. The staff was professional. I think it’s great that only attorneys work on my case, it definitely made me feel comfortable - D.L.
After my accident happened I waited to hear back from the insurance company for about 6 months. I just felt like they kept jerking me around. They even told me not to hire an attorney because it would mean less money in my pocket. I couldn't wait any longer because my bills were out of hand. I hired this firm and they were solid. I got a great result without having to go to court. - S.C.