Palm City Pharmacy Errors
When you picture a healthcare provider committing medical malpractice, what comes to mind? An inattentive surgeon operating on the wrong side of the body? An overworked nurse administering the wrong kind of medication?
Most people think of negligent doctors and nurses when it comes to medical malpractice; however, all healthcare providers have the capacity to cause serious harm when treating patients, including pharmacists.
Medication mistakes may not seem as serious as botched surgical procedures or misdiagnoses, but complications from taking the wrong drug or dosage can be just as devastating as those that arise in other, more dramatic scenarios. If you or someone in your family suffered because of a negligent pharmacist, contact Donaldson & Weston.
We have assisted hundreds of clients in personal injury and wrongful death cases, including those involving medical malpractice. Call 772-266-5555 to schedule a free consultation with a pharmacy error attorney in Palm City.Mistakes to Avoid During the Claims Process
Since medicine is far from an exact science, securing compensation for malpractice can be challenging. If you start taking a new prescription drug, for example, and it is not as effective as anticipated or causes uncomfortable negative side effects, that does not necessarily mean you have grounds for a claim.
To recover compensation for a medication error, you must prove the pharmacist was somehow negligent when interpreting, filling, or dispensing your prescription. Fortunately, a strategic attorney can help and will know how to gather evidence of such negligence.
Before hiring a lawyer, though, you need to avoid making any critical mistakes that could jeopardize the claim. These include:
- Giving the insurance adjuster a recorded statement before knowing the full extent of your condition;
- Disposing of the prescription or the actual medication;
- Acknowledging that you may have administered the medication wrong and are therefore at least partially liable;
- Postponing medical care despite experiencing serious negative side effects; and
- Taking other drugs to counteract any side effects without consulting a physician first.
Since it is relatively easy to jeopardize your claim inadvertently, it is wise to hire a pharmacy error attorney as soon as you realize you have been the victim of medical malpractice. A seasoned lawyer will prevent you from doing any of the above by:
- Handling all interactions with the opposing party and insurance adjuster on your behalf;
- Gathering and preserving evidence of liability;
- Determining why the error occurred in the first place based on the available evidence;
- Tracking all damages; and
- Handling every aspect of the claims process so you can focus on your health.
If you want to sue a negligent pharmacist in Florida, turn to a medication error attorney at Donaldson & Weston. We require no money upfront, and you do not have to pay a retainer to take advantage of our comprehensive legal services. Call 772-266-5555 or fill out our Contact Form to schedule a free case evaluation with a pharmacy error lawyer in Palm City.