Port Salerno Pharmacy Error
A medication mix-up can have devastating consequences. When patients receive the wrong prescription, they not only miss out on the treatment they actually need but also risk taking something that causes serious negative side effects. Depending on the patient's condition, he or she may even experience life-threatening complications as a result.
Fortunately, victims of this kind of medical malpractice are entitled to compensation for all applicable damages. In order to recover a satisfactory settlement or fair verdict, though, they must prove liability.
Since building a strong case is challenging, it is wise for parties who have been wronged to seek help from a strategic law firm. By hiring an experienced medication error lawyer, you can focus on your health while your claim proceeds under the watchful eye of a skilled legal team.
If you were the victim of a medication mix-up in Florida, a pharmacy error attorney from Donaldson & Weston can gather evidence of liability, track all damages, and negotiate with the opposing party on your behalf. During your free initial consultation, we will go over the details of your case to determine the best way to proceed. We will then perform a comprehensive investigation and help you navigate through every step of the claims process. Call 772-266-5555 to schedule a case evaluation with a medication error lawyer in Port Salerno.Questions Your Medication Error Lawyer May Ask During the Initial Consultation
You can ensure your claim gets off to a strong start by anticipating the kinds of questions your pharmacy error attorney will ask during the initial consultation. For example, consider your answers to the following:
- Was this your first time filling this particular prescription at the pharmacy in question or are you a regular customer there?
- Was the prescription unambiguous or is there a chance that your physician is liable, too?
- Did you notice anything unusual when dropping off the prescription or upon picking up your medication (e.g. an extremely long line or a disgruntled employee storming off)?
- Have you said or done anything to let the pharmacy know that you have a potential claim against them?
- Have you spoken to any insurance adjusters yet?
- What kinds of complications did you experience as a result of the medication mix-up?
Thinking about the answers to the above questions is just one way to prepare for your first meeting with a medication error lawyer. You can also streamline the claims process and prevent unnecessary delays by:
- Gathering all the documentation you have regarding the prescription;
- Compiling recent medical records;
- Journaling about your recovery and copying the entries for your attorney; and
- Saving all receipts for additional prescriptions, doctor's copays, and other related expenses.
If you want to sue a negligent pharmacist over a medication mix-up, contact Donaldson & Weston. We have assisted hundreds of clients in personal injury and wrongful death cases. Call 772-266-5555 or fill out our Contact Form to schedule a free consultation with a medication error attorney in Port Salerno.