Riviera Beach Car Accident Lawyers
A motor-vehicle collision that happens in an instant can cause injuries that last a lifetime. According to the Mayo Clinic, for example, auto accidents are a leading cause of spinal cord injuries, which typically result in permanent paralysis.
Of course, even minor injuries can disrupt your life in a major way. If you were hurt in a collision that was not your fault and want to hold the liable party accountable, turn to Donaldson & Weston for guidance.
Our Riviera Beach car accident lawyers can handle all the logistics of your case so you can focus on recovering. We take great pride in helping the injured recover the compensation they need to move on with life. Call 561-299-3999 to schedule a free consultation with one of our compassionate injury attorneys.Qualities to Look for in a Riviera Beach Car Accident Lawyer
Recovering from serious injuries is emotionally, physically, and financially draining. Fortunately, you do not have to navigate the complicated legal proceedings on your own.
If this is your first personal injury claim, you may not know what to look for in an attorney. Since so much is at stake, it is wise to research firms extensively before hiring a lawyer. Qualities worth valuing in a car accident attorney include:
- Integrity: Although most attorneys are committed to protecting their clients, there are some who profit by taking advantage of vulnerable accident victims. A firm that practices with integrity will be transparent about their fee structure and will never promise to obtain a particular outcome for potential clients in order to secure their business.
- Experience: Personal injury law is an incredibly broad practice area, and not all lawyers who practice it have experience resolving car accident claims. Such cases are especially complicated in Florida because of the state’s “no-fault” laws, so look for a firm that has already resolved dozens of cases similar to yours.
- Accessibility: The best attorneys are committed to providing personalized representation to each and every client. Regardless of the size of the firm, you deserve a lawyer who will give you a direct means of contact and will be able to return your calls within a reasonable period of time.
- A Track Record of Success: At Donaldson & Weston, we have recovered several multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts. You can see what past clients have to say about the representation we provide by reading our testimonials.
It’s best to stay off social media entirely until your claim has been resolved. No matter how careful you are about what you publish, the insurance adjuster may still take your photos, videos, and text posts out of context to dispute liability, the severity of your injuries, or the value of your other damages.
It can be difficult to stay off social networking sites after a serious accident since your family and friends will want to stay informed about the progress of your recovery. But it’s better to text, email, or call them because anything you post online might be misrepresented by the claims adjuster. Insurance adjusters ultimately represent their employers, so they have incentive to find evidence that can be used to deny or reduce the value of claims—and social media has become a primary source of such evidence.What Should I Do to Protect My Claim?
Besides staying off social media, there are other steps you can take that may reduce the likelihood of a dispute, delay, or other complication. Once you hire one of the Riviera Beach car accident attorneys at Donaldson & Weston, you’ll have a knowledgeable legal advocate on-call to help you determine if a particular decision or activity would jeopardize your case.
Generally speaking, the following tips may put you in a better position to file a successful claim:
- Visit a Doctor as Soon as Possible: If you haven’t done so already, you should undergo a medical assessment right away. You’ll need evidence to prove the existence and severity of your injuries in order for the insurance company to cover your healthcare costs. The sooner you visit a doctor, the less likely the insurer may be to dispute the cause of your injuries or argue that you’ve failed to mitigate your damages.
- Be Diligent Regarding Your Medical Care: It’s often necessary for accident victims to avoid strenuous activities and to rest for several weeks. This might not be easy if you want to return to work or if you’re typically an active person, but disobeying your doctor could open the door to a dispute. If your own negligence aggravates your injuries in any way, the insurance company might contend that you shouldn’t be compensated for 100 percent of your damages.
- Let Your Lawyer Handle All Relevant Correspondence: Any phone calls, emails, and other correspondence from the insurance company or the opposing party should be directed to your Riviera Beach car accident lawyer. That way, you won’t end up making a misguided statement that leads to a dispute.
- Track Your Damages: Besides lost income and medical bills, you may be able to include other damages in your claim such as domestic assistance, child care, home and vehicle modifications, and transportation. As long as these expenses are reasonable, necessary, and the direct result of your accident, you may be entitled to compensation for them. You should also keep a personal journal in which you describe your day-to-day discomfort, symptoms, medication side effects, and how your injuries are affecting your social life, family life, and general wellbeing.
The Riviera Beach injury lawyers at Donaldson & Weston have handled numerous complicated, high-stakes cases, and we can handle yours, too. Our team can prepare your claim as if we are going to trial, even if a settlement is the expected outcome. Call 561-299-3999 today or fill out our Contact Form to schedule a free case evaluation with a car accident attorney.