Riviera Beach Premises Liability
A dripping ice cream cone, a beautiful sunset, an ocean breeze-it doesn't take much to have a pleasant time in the Sunshine State. Unfortunately, it doesn't take much to ruin a perfectly good day, either.
Something as seemingly trivial as a nail sticking out of the boardwalk or an unmarked threshold at the entrance of a coffee shop can cause an accident that results in serious injuries. Although local municipalities and property owners have an obligation to maintain their premises to a reasonable standard, oversights can and do happen.
If you were hurt on public or private property and want to sue those who should have addressed the hazardous condition that caused the incident, contact Donaldson & Weston. We have the resources of a large practice, but our personal injury lawyers remain committed to providing the personalized and attentive representation of a small firm. Call 561-299-3999 to schedule a free case evaluation with one of our strategic premises liability attorneys in Riviera Beach.Questions a Premises Liability Attorney May Ask During the Initial Consultation
During the initial consultation, a personal injury attorney from our law firm will assess your case to determine if you have grounds for a claim. If you have been in contact with the insurance adjuster, we will also want to know what was discussed during each interaction so we can determine the most strategic way to proceed.
To ensure your claim gets off to a strong start, you should prepare your answers in advance or at least think about them before the consultation. Below are a few examples of questions your lawyer might ask:
- Did police or EMTs respond to the scene?
- Were there any individuals nearby who saw what happened, and if so, did you get their contact information?
- Did the property owner provide you with a copy of the accident report?
- Have you spoken to an insurance adjuster yet?
- Have you given the opposing party any recorded statements?
- What were you doing prior to the accident?
- Is there a chance the property owner will argue that you were partially liable for the incident?
- How soon after the accident did you seek medical care?
- What is your prognosis, and have the injuries forced you to alter your life in a major way?
- Are the injuries keeping you from working?
- Are you active on social media, and if so, have you posted about the accident or your injuries online?
- Are your injuries taking a toll on loved ones?
Based on your answers to the above questions, we will devise a plan for gathering evidence of liability and damages. We will then approach the opposing party with this evidence and try to negotiate for a fair settlement on your behalf.Discuss Your Claim with a Premises Liability Lawyer in Riviera Beach
If you want to file a premises liability claim in Florida, turn to Donaldson & Weston. Our Riviera Beach personal injury attorneys are dedicated to getting clients the results they deserve. Call 561-299-3999 or fill out our Contact Form to schedule a free consultation.