Riviera Beach Spinal Cord
Although building a strong personal injury claim often starts at the scene of the accident, you cannot be expected to gather evidence before leaving the area if you sustained a spinal cord injury (SCI). Therefore, building a strong SCI claim typically begins during the initial consultation with an attorney.
At their first meeting with a potential client, paralysis lawyers will evaluate the circumstances of the incident to determine the most strategic way to proceed. If the injured party decides to move forward with the case after discussing all possible outcomes, a reputable attorney will then handle the logistics of the claim from that point.
If you or someone in your family sustained a spinal cord injury in a preventable accident and you’re ready to start building a case against all liable parties, contact Donaldson & Weston. Our legal team is passionate about helping people put their lives back together. Call 561-299-3999 to schedule a free case evaluation with a paralysis attorney in Riviera Beach.What Will My Spinal Cord Injury Attorney Ask During the Initial Consultation?
To ensure your case gets off to a strong start, you should do what you can to prepare for the initial consultation. Be sure to gather any available evidence of liability and damages, and consider your answers to the following questions:
- What do you remember about the incident? What were you doing just before it happened? What was the liable party doing?
- Is there a chance the opposing party will argue you were at least partially liable for the incident?
- Did police respond to the scene? If so, did they conduct any chemical tests or make any arrests?
- Were there any eyewitnesses who saw what happened? If so, did someone in your party or the police obtain their contact information?
- Were you conscious at the scene? Do you remember receiving medical care on site? If not, how long after the accident did you visit a doctor?
- Has an insurance adjuster contacted you yet? If so, have you given any recorded statements?
- What is your current employment situation? How much work have you missed since the accident?
- What is your prognosis? Have doctors said whether you will be able to return to work at some point?
- Are you or your loved ones active on social media? Has anyone posted anything about the incident or the resulting injuries?
- Do you have any hobbies or passions that you are now unable to pursue because of the injuries?
- How has the accident affected your mental health?
- How have your injuries affected loved ones?
If you want to file a claim in Florida after sustaining catastrophic injuries in a preventable accident, turn to Donaldson & Weston. We have handled complicated, high-stakes cases, and we can handle yours, too. Call 561-299-3999 or fill out our Contact Form to schedule a free consultation with one of our compassionate spinal cord injury attorneys in Riviera Beach.