Royal Palm Beach Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
There is always a lot to do in the aftermath of a drunk driving accident. Although your priority should be your health, it’s easy to get caught up in other obligations following a crash.
For example, you might have to:
- Bring your vehicle to the mechanic and arrange for alternative transportation;
- Follow up with police regarding any pending criminal proceedings;
- Track down eyewitnesses so you can obtain their statements for the insurance claim;
- Check in with your employer;
- Arrange for a coworker to cover for you if you are unable to perform your job duties; and
- Start compiling photographs, dash cam recordings, and surveillance footage.
Regardless of how important all these tasks seem, though, nothing should stop you from seeking medical care. Even if you feel relatively fine, some impact injuries can have latent symptoms but still cause serious complications if left untreated.
Only after you have received adequate medical attention should you consider tackling any of the above; however, you do not have to do so alone. In fact, it’s best to leave many of the essential tasks following a collision up to a seasoned professional. If your first call after a drunk driving wreck is to your primary care provider, your second should be to a personal injury attorney.
The Royal Palm Beach drunk driving accident lawyers at Donaldson & Weston will protect your best interests during every stage of the claims process. We have assisted hundreds of clients in personal injury and wrongful death cases. Call 561-299-3999 to schedule a free consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys.Why Should I Hire a Royal Palm Beach Drunk Driving Accident Attorney Right Away?
There are several reasons why victims of drunk driving accidents should seek legal counsel as soon as possible:
- The damages will likely add up fast. The sooner you call a lawyer and begin building your claim, the sooner you may recover a settlement.
- Some of the evidence may be time sensitive or prone to being altered or destroyed. By taking action immediately, you can gather all critical evidence while it is still available.
- An attorney will help you avoid making mistakes from the start. For example, the liable party’s insurance adjuster will likely contact you relatively soon after the incident and ask for a recorded statement. If you provide one before knowing the full extent of your injuries, it could prevent you from securing compensation for all the damages you ultimately incur.
- There is a limited amount of time in which to file a formal lawsuit. In the state of Florida, accident victims typically have four years to sue an impaired motorist. This may seem like a lot of time, but the claims process can use up virtually all of it if there are disputes along the way.
The Royal Palm Beach personal injury attorneys at Donaldson & Weston are dedicated to helping drunk driving accident victims pursue justice. Our lawyers will handle the logistics of the claim so you can focus on your health and wellbeing. Call 561-299-3999 or fill out our Contact Form to schedule a free case evaluation.