St. Lucie County Boating Accident
At Donaldson & Weston, we are proud to serve the legal needs of boating accident victims throughout St. Lucie County. If you were hurt in some kind of accident on the water through no fault of your own, take advantage of our services by scheduling a free consultation.
During your first meeting with one of our strategic personal injury lawyers, you will discuss the circumstances of the incident so together we can determine the best way to proceed. Call 772-266-5555 to schedule a free case evaluation with one of the leading boating accident attorneys in St. Lucie County.Types of Boating Accident Cases We Handle
Our personal injury attorneys are well versed in maritime law and know how to resolve all kinds of boating accident cases. The types of claims we handle the most often are those involving:
- Capsizing Accidents: In a capsizing accident, the vessel overturns, throwing those onboard into the water. Depending on the circumstances, some passengers may even get trapped underneath the vessel, which has the potential to cause drowning.
- Speeding Accidents: When boat operators race through the water at an unsafe speed, they are likely to lose control of the vessel. Although there may not be any posted speed limits beyond the marina, all boaters have an obligation to review maritime law so they know what's permitted in any given waterway.
- Distracted Boating: Distracted boating is just as dangerous as distracted driving. Operators who fail to pay attention to their surroundings at all times put themselves, their passengers, and everyone in the vessels around them at risk of serious injury and death.
- Water Skiing Accidents: Water skiing is a thrilling sport that demands a certain amount of skill. Regardless of how experienced someone might be, though, the boat operator has an obligation to travel at a safe speed and monitor those in tow at all times. If a water skier is placed in an unsafe situation because of the operator's negligence or shows signs of distress but no one on the vessel takes action, he or she may have grounds for a claim should serious injuries result.
- Collision Accidents: Colliding with a fixed object or a recreational vehicle can have catastrophic consequences. Florida waterways are often crowded, and since many of those operating vessels or riding recreational vehicles are tourists, boaters should never assume those around them know the right-of-way laws. Instead, they should exercise extreme caution when navigating through relatively congested waterways.
If you want to file a boating accident claim in Florida, turn to Donaldson & Weston. We have assisted hundreds of clients in personal injury and wrongful death cases. Call 772-266-5555 or fill out our Contact Form to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury attorney in St. Lucie County.