Wellington Burn Injury
It goes without saying that a serious burn can be unbearably painful, but it can also leave physical and psychological scars that greatly diminish the victim's quality of life. Not only do visible scars reduce self-confidence, but they also serve as a stark reminder of the trauma.
At Donaldson & Weston, we know the challenges associated with recovering from serious burns, and we are passionate about helping victims and their families pursue justice and the compensation they deserve. We have helped hundreds of clients navigate the claims process, and our lawyers have decades of combined experience negotiating with insurance companies. Call 561-299-3999 to schedule a free case evaluation with one of our burn injury attorneys in Wellington.We Handle all Kinds of Accidents That Cause Burn Injuries
There are countless scenarios when a burn injury might occur. Some of the more common causes include:
- Motor-Vehicle Collisions: Although most car accidents do not result in a fire, a forceful impact can lead to an explosion that causes devastating burn injuries. This is most often the result of gasoline igniting.
- Defective Products: Products with a design or manufacturing defect can overheat or spark, causing burn injuries or even igniting a house fire. Items that use combustible fuel sources or batteries pose the highest risk of burn injuries. If you were burned due to a product defect, the attorneys at Donaldson & Weston can investigate your case to determine the cause of the defect and identify all liable parties.
- Scalding Liquids: You might think of cooking oil or hot coffee when you hear the term "scalding," but it takes little more than hot top water to burn the skin.
- Gas Explosions: Most of the gas pipelines that snake across the country were constructed in the 1950s and 1960s, making gas explosions a growing concern. Such explosions can also occur at worksites and anywhere natural gas or propane tanks are refilled or used.
- Chemical Reactions: The phrase "chemical reaction" might evoke images of beakers in a laboratory, but even common household cleaning products can cause painful chemical burns. Examples include bleach, pool chlorine, and concrete mix.
- Electrocutions: Electrocutions typically occur in work-related settings when a person handles electrical wires, but they can happen in a variety of ways. In addition to burn injuries, victims may suffer potentially fatal cardiac issues and brain trauma.
- Housefires: Kitchen mishaps, faulty wiring, smoking in the bedroom, and unattended candles are just a few of the most common causes of housefires.
If you want to file a burn injury claim in Florida, turn to Donaldson & Weston. Our legal team is here to help people put their lives back together after serious and unexpected accidents. Call 561-299-3999 or use our Online Contact Form to set up a free consultation with a strategic personal injury attorney in Wellington.