West Palm Beach Personal Injury
An accident that occurs in a fraction of a second can cause injuries that affect your life for weeks, months, or even years to come. If you have to miss work to recover, the loss of income could threaten your financial security in as little as one week. Even if you are able to return to your job at some point, you may have to work months of overtime to catch up on bills.
Fortunately, you may be able to recover compensation for your lost income, medical expenditures, and other injury-related losses by bringing a claim against the party who is responsible for your injuries. The West Palm Beach personal injury lawyers at Donaldson & Weston can evaluate the circumstances of your case to determine if you have grounds for such a claim.
Our entire team of accident attorneys is dedicated to providing the legal advice you need and the personalized attention you deserve. Call 561-299-3999 to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer in West Palm Beach.What Should I Look for in a West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer?
Most victims of personal injury and wrongful death have never needed to hire an accident attorney, so they don’t know what to look for when seeking legal counsel. The initial consultation is your opportunity to determine if a lawyer would be a good fit for your case.
Below are a few qualities to look for during your face-to-face meeting with a prospective lawyer. You can expect all of these qualities as a client of Donaldson & Weston:
- Compassion: Accident victims are incredibly vulnerable. The best personal injury lawyers not only conduct themselves professionally but also treat their clients with the utmost compassion and empathy throughout the proceedings.
- Honesty & Integrity: An honest accident lawyer will never promise to achieve a particular outcome but rather will explain potential outcomes and gather the evidence needed to give your claim the best chance of success.
- Pragmatism: Some personal injury claims are far more complicated than others. Regardless of your case’s intricacies, your personal injury attorney should be upfront when discussing the potential outcomes of your case based on the available evidence and the relevant laws.
- Experience: Look for a West Palm Beach injury lawyer who has successfully resolved cases that are similar to yours. For example, if you were hurt in a boating accident, you do not want to hire a lawyer who focuses solely on workers’ compensation or medical malpractice.
- Accessibility: Questions, concerns, and issues are inevitably going to arise over the course of the proceedings. When they do, will your attorney be happy to take the call directly, or will you have to call the office and leave a message? Since you cannot predict what kinds of questions might arise and when, it is wise to hire a lawyer who provides a direct means of contact.
After visiting a doctor for a medical assessment, the first step to building a strong personal injury claim is to schedule a consultation with an attorney. During this meeting, we will ask you various questions about the incident to determine if you have grounds for a claim and how best to proceed.
To ensure the consultation is as productive as possible and your case gets off to a strong start, you can prepare for this meeting by:
- Writing down everything you remember about the accident;
- Compiling any evidence you have gathered including police reports, photographs of the scene, and eyewitness statements;
- Tracking the damages you have incurred;
- Starting a personal injury journal and using it to track the recovery process; and
- Gathering documentation of your injuries including medical records and diagnostic images.
You can also facilitate our first meeting by anticipating the kinds of questions we will likely ask and preparing your answers in advance. Naturally, these questions will depend on the circumstances of the accident that led to your injuries, but they might include the following:
- If police responded to the scene, did they conduct any chemical tests or make any arrests?
- Did you get an official police report, an incident report, or any other documentation that the accident occurred?
- If there were any eyewitnesses, did you obtain their names and contact details?
- Have you spoken to an insurance adjuster yet? If so, have you given any recorded statements?
- Were you doing anything you should not have been doing prior to the accident? Is there a chance the opposing party will claim you were partially liable?
- Did you receive emergency medical care at the scene?
- Did you follow up with a doctor or visit an urgent care center after leaving the scene?
- What is your prognosis? How long do doctors anticipate it will take for you to reach maximum medical improvement?
- If you are currently employed, have you missed any work since the accident?
- Have your loved ones missed any work since the accident in order to care for you or manage the household?
- Have you posted anything about the accident or your injuries on social media?
- What do you enjoy doing in your free time? Have the injuries impacted your quality of life in a major way?
When recovering from serious injuries, the damages can add up fast, so it’s natural to feel motivated to settle early in the proceedings. At Donaldson & Weston, we understand the financial impact a sudden accident can have, and we know the toll it can take on the whole family.
You can count on our legal team to use all the resources at their disposal to help you resolve the claim as quickly as possible. We won’t settle your case for an unfair amount, but our attorneys have extensive experience handling all kinds of accident scenarios, so they are prepared to anticipate disputes and take steps to mitigate them.Discuss Your Claim with a Personal Injury Attorney in West Palm Beach Today!
If you sustained debilitating injuries due to another person’s negligence, contact Donaldson & Weston. You should not have to pay for healthcare expenses and lost income resulting from an injury that another party caused. Call 561-299-3999 or fill out our Contact Form to schedule a free case evaluation with an accident lawyer in West Palm Beach.