West Palm Beach Wrongful Death Attorneys
If you are coping with the untimely loss of a loved one, you are not alone. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, unintentional injuries are a leading cause of death in the United States. In 2015, nearly 150,000 people died from injuries sustained in preventable accidents.
Unfortunately, simply knowing thousands of others have experienced an unanticipated loss does not make coping any easier. Taking action, on the other hand, and holding the liable party financially accountable for all damages may lighten the burden significantly.
Filing a successful wrongful death claim may provide not only monetary compensation but also a sense of closure. Securing a settlement won’t bring the deceased back, but it may give you some peace of mind and a stable foundation on which to rebuild your life.
If you want to file a claim in Florida, turn to the West Palm Beach wrongful death attorneys at Donaldson & Weston. We have assisted hundreds of clients in personal injury and wrongful death cases, and our track record of success speaks for itself. Call 561-299-3999 to schedule a free consultation with one of our compassionate accident lawyers.Questions Your Attorney Will Ask During the Initial Consultation
Your wrongful death claim will begin with an initial consultation. During this meeting, you will discuss the circumstances of the case with a seasoned attorney so together you can determine the best way to pursue the compensation your family deserves. You can ensure the claim gets off to a strong start by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- Why do you have reason to believe your loved one’s death could have been prevented?
- Do you have any tangible evidence of negligence, wrongdoing, malicious intent, or fraud?
- Did police respond to the incident, and if so, did they draft an official report?
- Were there any eyewitnesses?
- Did the victim die immediately, or was he or she sick or injured for some time following the accident?
- Did the deceased contribute to the household financially?
- Did you rely on the deceased for any non-economic contributions such as childcare, meal preparation, or transportation?
- Have you spoken to any insurance adjusters, and if so, have you made any recorded statements?
- Is there a chance that the opposing party could argue your loved one was at least partially liable for the incident?
- Is anyone in your family active on social media, and if so, have they posted anything about the case since the accident?
- Have you been tracking all direct costs incurred since the death such as hospital bills and funeral expenses?
If you think your family has grounds for a wrongful death claim in Florida, turn to Donaldson & Weston. A West Palm Beach accident attorney on our team will review the circumstances of the case to determine the most strategic way to proceed. Call 561-299-3999 or fill out our Contact Form to schedule a free consultation.