Over Millions in Verdicts & Settlements For Our Clients
$12 Million Boating Accident
$7 Million Automobile Accident
$3.7 Million Slip and Fall
$3.5 Million Motorcycle Accident
$2.5 Million Pedestrian Accident

What should I do if I believe I was the victim of a hit-and-run in Florida?

If you're the victim of a hit-and-run in Florida, definitely do not want to go chasing the person. What you want to do is stay at the scene, document any information you can about the driver that left the scene. It could be their tag number, or at least the make and model of the vehicle. Call 911 and get the Police to the scene of the accident as soon as possible, and let them know that the other driver is gone. Once you get medical treatment if necessary, then you want to contact your insurance company, give them a copy of the Police report, or exchange of information report, and let them know what happened, and get them involved as soon as possible.

What Our Clients Say
The attorneys at Donaldson & Weston helped me get an amazing result on my case. Obviously I’ve been through a lot physically but I feel better now and the money really helped my family. When I was riding my bicycle I was hit by a truck that wasn't paying attention. I am not the suing type, but I would definitely hire this firm again. - M.P.
After my accident, i felt like I was being pulled in a bunch of different directions. I really didn't know what to do and all I wanted was someone to shoot me straight. The lawyers at the firm were so honest and definitely pointed me in the right direction. The staff was professional. I think it’s great that only attorneys work on my case, it definitely made me feel comfortable - D.L.
After my accident happened I waited to hear back from the insurance company for about 6 months. I just felt like they kept jerking me around. They even told me not to hire an attorney because it would mean less money in my pocket. I couldn't wait any longer because my bills were out of hand. I hired this firm and they were solid. I got a great result without having to go to court. - S.C.